Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back to Easter...

I said I would talk about Easter weekend, so here it is...

Friday: Chris's parents decided to go down to St. George with Spencer, and his friend, Kyle. On the way down they dropped off Roxi, their puppy, and Maria, their car, at our humble home in Ephraim. Chris and I were so stir crazy the whole week, so Chris's mom was so nice to think of us and let us borrow their car for the weekend.

Roxi was a bit of a handful, but it was so fun to have her around! She is a nut. After Chris's family left her, she was running all around the house looking for her missing family. She started barking and sniffing all around. It was cute. Here is a video of her playing with her T-bone steak treat, which she proceeded to do for about 30 minutes. Like I said, she's a nut!


I had to work at lunch time and since I had the car, I thought I would drive it to work. The only problem was that it is a manual, and I have only driven a manual like twice, and it was in a parking lot with Chris. I thought....I'll just take slow on the neighborhood roads and stay of main street, and I didn't stall it once! It is only a 1 minute drive to work from my house, but still! I was proud of myself. I didn't stall it at all on the way back either!

When I got home from work that night, Chris and I decided to take advantage of our new transportation so we went to Denny's in Salina! We were livin large! It's about a 45 minute drive from Ephraim. We met Chris's old roomate, Scottie, there and had a wonderful meal. The waitress we had was SOOOO Tan, and I think she may have fried some of her brain cells. She was a little odd, but very nice! After dinner, we drove to Richfeild just for the heck of it, then drove back to Salina and hung out at Scottie's house for a few hours. Then we went back home.

Saturday: It was a pretty uneventful day. I had to work at lunch and again at dinner, so we didn't get to take advantage of the car too much, but we did go grocering shopping at Walmart! And we didn't have to take our backpacks with us and hall all the stuff home on our bikes, so that was nice! haha! It was so nice to have the car!!

Sunday: We went to church, and enjoyed our last day of being in the nursery. It was the best calling I ever had, and it is so sad to leave. We only had a few kids, and they were all pretty young, so we couldn't really do lessons with them. We basically got to play for 2 hours before sacrament. After church we just played with Roxi until Chris's parents came back. Then we decorated easter eggs together, which you have seen in the previous posting. Chris's dad unfortunately couldn't stay for the egg decorating. He had to go back to work the next day, but spencer, kyle, and Susie stayed the night with us.

Monday: Chris had school, and I had work, so we didn't get to spend much time with the family, but we went out for breakfast at good old mickey dee's, and then they all came to eat lunch at the Snow Dragon while I was working. Then it was goodbye to family, roxi, and the Car :(

It really wasn't a very eventful weekend, but more eventful than usual for us. It was nice to have a car, and Roxi to entertain me while I wasn't at work. i bet anyone who reads this post will think that we have such a sad, boring life! haha! Anyways...that was easter weekend!

2 comments:

  1. haha.. Ang I love you! and I was laughing at the video too! :) I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun! I miss you guys and our crazy trips to Denny's. Just so you know if we were down there we would have given you a ride to get groceries!

    ReplyDelete