Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another Great Weekend

We woke up at the butt crack of dawn to drive to Salt Lake on Friday for Chris's U of U orientation. We left Ephraim at about 5:30 in the morning. It wasn't until then that I realized how lazy I have become. The earliest that I have woken up in about 4 months is 8:30. Waking up at 5:30 used to be normal for me, but it about killed me on friday!

Chris and Jason (a friend from one of his classes that is also going to the U) headed off to orientation, and I was picked up by mom at the local Burger King, because they didn't have time to drop me off at home. I just hung out with my mom for the day.

After Chris was done, he came back with his dad to my parents home, to finish framing our basement. We are going to be moving in down there in the summer. It felt great to be able to see the progress. It also made me so excited to be back in Salt Lake with friends and family. It probably won't be done by the time we get back, but it will be great when we can actually help out with some things. I feel bad that we can't really do anything to help right now.

I have loved living in Ephraim, and I've had some of the best times of my life here. I've met some awesome people, and I've learned SO much, but I am ready to move on! I miss being with family, and my old friends. I wish we could have Ephraim's location with all of our family and friends near by. I don't want to go back to Salt Lake for the city, it's just the people.

I still haven't heard back from USN, but I'm kind of thinking that I will be better off not getting accepted, then I won't have to battle with the decision of whether or not I should go there because of financial reasons. I'm actually starting to hope that they won't call me, it will make my decision making easier. The only down side is if I don't get into the University of Utah when I apply next year, where do I go from there? I've been thinking about possibilities for other careers, and have been leaning towards getting a bachelors in medical laboratory science. I would have to take 2 more classes to complete pre-requisites, but I was planning on taking a class in the summer at SLCC anyways for Pharmacy pre-requisites for the U, so it wouldn't be too bad. If I get started on a degree in medical lab science then I won't be wasting time if I don't get into pharmacy school next fall.

My plan as of now is to work and take a couple of classes in the summer, start doing some regular volunteer work to build up my qualifications for pharmacy school, retake the PCAT because I got a 79 on it the first time, apply for pharmacy school for fall 2010 and pray that I get in. If not then I'll just move on to getting a medical lab science degree.

It's so frustrating not knowing what to do, but that's life right? I just need to keep remembering that everything will work out as long as I rely on the Lord. Have faith.

Anyways, I really got off on a tangent there. Back to the weekend...We went golfing on Saturday with a friend, and although I didn't golf, I had a great time. I'm not a big fan off golfing, but I like to drive the golf cart. It was such a beautiful day. I didn't mind just sitting around in the cart.

We headed back to Ephraim on Sunday, and we took a long drive with Chris's dad, grandma, little brother, and dog. The sun was shining, and we drove with our window's open, which was awesome. The only down side to the drive was that Roxi, the dog got car sick or something and threw up. Luckily her head was partly out of the window so most of it went out the window. We took a few detours along the way, and drove down to Manti to see the temple. It was just so nice to enjoy the spring weather, and keep our minds out of school and work etc.

I can't wait for summer and a change.

2 comments:

  1. I figured out how to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun. I am glad you guys are moving up here but it is hard to leave Ephraim. Oh and good luck with whatever comes your way with school I am sure it will be great.

    ReplyDelete