Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Summary


Here's a VERY breif summary of the last few months...

*started school *chopped my hair off *funeral *spent countless hours studying for the PCAT *drove to Missouri *another funeral *saw my brother and lots of other family *cried a lot *laughed a lot *got sick *got bronchitis *took the PCAT *got a calling. All the while in between enjoying work, spending time with my man and my family. If you are interested in hearing the long version here it comes. If not stop reading now.


Started school...Not much else to say about that. Chris hasn't really enjoyed his start at the U of U, but he's doing well. It just doesn't compare to Snow College.


I chopped my hair off...Susie made me do it! ;) I was just sick of the old hair due that I've had since junior high so I chopped it all off.




This is not the best picture of me...but hey you can see the new do.



Funeral...Chris's Grandmother passed away in September. The funeral was beautiful. It really made me thankful for the gospel in my life. The knowledge that I have of the wonderful things that are waiting for us after this life is such a comfort.



PCAT... I didn't do so good the first time, so I studied a lot harder this time. I hope I do better than I did before. I feel like I did, but you just never know with those stupid tests. I should be finding out in about 2 weeks.


Grandma and Grandpa Turley



My grandpa had a heart attack, and was a in the hospital a few weeks. He would be doing pretty good one day, and then not so good the next. They thought he may be able to get well enough for surgery, but he never did. Grandma and Grandpa decided it was best to go home with Grandpa on Hospice care. He was much happier at home than in the hospital. After a week or so of being home he passed on. At first we didn't think we would be able to make it to the funeral in Missouri, but it all worked out in the end and Chris, my mom and dad, and I drove to Missouri. It was great because we got to see a lot of cousins that we haven't seen for awhile. Not to mention my brother made it from Georgia. It was a really beautiful funeral as well. I have never cried so much at a funeral. Not because I was sad, but it was a really spiritual experience. I think that my Grandpa would have wanted it that way. He was such a good example of how to live a good, fulfilled life. One thing all of his children and grandchildren agreed on was that he had a way of making all of the kids feel special like they were his favorite. Which is not an easy task when you have 13 children and 66 grandchildren with I think 18 great grandchildren. He really was an amazing person and he will be missed.




The family after the funeral.



Wednesday Chris and I had a meeting with the 1st counselor of the bishopric. The whole time leading up to it we were trying to decide what it was that he was going to say. Were we going to speak on sunday? Do we have a calling? What calling? Maybe he just wants to get to know us better? It was a calling. Chris is going to be a primary teacher for the 11 year olds. I am going to be assistant girls camp director for our ward. It's funny because I have only been to girl's camp once. I wasn't really active in the church at that age, so they picked the girl that doesn't have a clue about girl's camp. I'm excited though. This will give me the chance to go to girl's camp again.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to get an update from you guys. It was good to see you in Missouri too.
    Your hair looks really cute!
    Girls camp is tons of fun, I hope you enjoy the calling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for your new calling and new do and everything sounds like it is all going great and it was so good to see you guys last week.

    ReplyDelete