Tuesday, August 4, 2009

CALIFORNIA and other updates


I've been a big time slacker in the blogging department, but hey it's been busy. Chris is getting ready to start a new semester at the U of U. He can't wait to get back to school and start learning some new things. He has been interning in the chemistry lab at the Energy Solutions Clive facility. Although it has been a great experience and resume builder for him, I think he is ready to move onto more exciting things. I have started a job at Target pharmacy as a pharmacy tech. So far it's been great! I really love the people that I work with and I also like how the pharmacy runs in general. It is really organized and everything just flows. Everyone there really enjoys their job, and it makes it so much easier to enjoy mine.

July 17th we made a long journed to California with Chris's parents and little bro spencer. Luckily with so many people to talk to the trip went quickly and we arrived in Escondido in no time. We stayed the first couple of days at Lauren's (Chris's brother's wife) grandparent's home. There home was absolutely beautiful. There were orange trees, nectarine trees, and avocado tree's. Grandpa made us orange julius's right when we walked into the door from fresh squeezed oranges....ohhh it was delicious!


Grandpa Urry's House

I soon found myself with two new attachments. Lauren's little brother Luke and little sister Taryn became my new barnucles, attaching themselves to me wherever they could. Don't get me wrong they are the cutest little kids around, but it was hot and it didn't help to have warm bodies on me constantly.
Monday afternoon we headed to San Elijo beach where we would be camping for the remainder of the trip. Luke decided he wanted to ride with us, so he packed up his squirt guns, and his books to read and hopped into the truck with us. Boy, that kid loves to talk, and he says the darndest things! We coined a term for his funny sayings, Lukisms. One example...This was like the third day camping, and we were sitting around a camp fire just relaxing and roasting smore's. Luke gives me this weird look and says, "Your thighs are barking at me!" Where he got that from, and what it was suppose to mean I have no idea! Another memorable one was also half way through the week. Luke had done a lot of swimming, and had a little bit of a chaffing problem down below. Before we had left for the beach we had watched Paul Blart Mall Cop, and I don't know if you remember, but there was a hot sauce stand in the movie, and the owner of the stand gave Paul a bottle of a hot sauce called Devil's Crotch. Luke being the smart boy that he is remembered that, and said "I have devil's crotch." Those were just two of the many Lukisms that we ran across that week. We had a lot of good laughs because of Luke.


Our camp on the left and the beach down the stairs on the right


Lucky for us the whole week that we were on the beach we had wonderful weather. The mornings were always a bit gloomy, but it cleared right up by afternoon. We spent the week swimming, boogey boarding, sunbathing, swimming, and more boogey boarding. There was never a dull moment. Chris and I also spent a day at Sea World since I had never been there before. It was so much fun, I really enjoyed it!





One of the day's we drove to La Jolla Cove so that the guys could scuba dive, but the waves were a little rough that day so there wasn't much scuba to be had, but we did have a good time anyway. We also dressed into matching outfits and took a few family photos. (seen at the beginning the entry)


The Tide Pools at La Jolla


It was a great trip, Thanks to the Urry's and all of their planning and hard work! It was sad when we finally had to head home, but at the same time I couldn't wait to be home in my own bed, with out all of the sand everywhere.

Chris Holding the Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment