Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Job

As usual I'm behind on my news. Most of you probably already know that I got a new job at the local chinese restauraunt, The Snow Dragon. I've worked there for about 3 weeks, and so far I like it. Everyone is really nice there, and it is pretty busy and I make pretty good tips. The last couple of days it's been a little slow, but hopefully it will pick up again. It's definately not my ideal job, but I'm just grateful that I found a job. I called several places around town and no one was hiring. I just found out that the place that is always hiring, Western Watts, is actually closing down. That was the place that was going to be my fail safe if I couldn't find a job anywhere else! It has become very apparent even in Ephraim that the economy is not in good shape. I am truly blessed that I was able to find a job, hopefully I can keep my job.


The past week I have been pretty bored since I'm not taking any classes, and I don't have the PCAT to study for anymore. So, I've been trying to fill my time with things that I haven't had time to do in the past. I've read 3 books in the past week, and I've been trying a lot of new recipes. I feel bad for complaining for a lack of things to do, when so many other people are so busy they could scream, but I'm running out of ideas for things to do when I get home from work. Sadly, I am excited to start school again. I feel so unproductive.


Yesterday I baked a cake. It actually ended up tasting a lot better than I thought it would. It was a yellow cake with raspberry frosting and a cream cheese midlayer. I decorated cakes when I worked at Cold Stone, and I miss it at times, so I decided to go all out on decorating the cake. It is much harder to do when you don't have all the supplies at your fingertips, but it still looks pretty good. I really want to learn more about decorating cakes, maybe that is what I can do in my spare time, although that probably won't be a good thing for our diets...



As for Chris, he has been doing great. He's been really busy with school, but he's been doing a great job working hard to keep up with everything. He complains a lot about school, but I know that he does enjoy the things that he's learning, since it is all he talks about. I'm glad that he has a passion for his education. It's going to make it easier for him to finish school, and he's got a long way to go!


All in all everything is going great at the Hardcastle residence. I really am so grateful for how we have been blessed with health, great family and friends, and finances. It really is a reassurance that if you do the right things, and work hard, that the Lord will take care of you. We sure are a lucky couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment